Bearers of Swedish regular passports are exempted from visa to enter Argentina when the following two requirements are met:
- They travel as tourists or to do business or to conduct any activity for which the traveler will not receive payment.
- The length of their stay in Argentina is not longer than 90 days.
This visa exemption applies to all sorts of valid Swedish passports, even temporary passports.
Bearers of Swedish diplomatic or official passports are exempted from visa to enter Argentina in all cases.
Bearers of regular passports issued by States other than Sweden may check out here if they need Argentine visa.
Bearers of diplomatic or official passports issued by States other than Sweden may check out here if they need Argentine visa.
In all cases, foreign passports must be still valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of arrival in Argentina.
If you bear a regular passport and need to apply for Argentine visa, please follow these instructions:
If an individual or institution who has invited you to travel to Argentina has already requested or obtained your “permiso de ingreso” (entry permit) from the Dirección Nacional de Migraciones (DNM), inform us about this in your e-mail.
Note that your e-mail containing the visa application form must be received at least 15 days prior to your departure from Sweden if you bear a Swedish passport and at least 45 days prior to departure from Sweden if your passport was not issued by Sweden.
Take into account that while you can apply for your visa at any Argentine Embassy or Consulate abroad if you plan to stay in Argentina for up to 90 days, you can only submit the application at the Argentine Embassy or Consulate that has jurisdiction over your place of residence when you plan to stay longer than 90 days.
If you are 18 to 30 years old, hold a Swedish passport and want to spend up to 1 year in Argentina for holidays and work, you can apply for a new Work & Holiday visa. Learn more about this visa here.
2) Await the Embassy’s reply, which will be emailed to you within 2 working days. This reply will contain the following information:
- Date and time for a visa interview that you should attend at the Embassy’s premises in Stockholm (Narvavägen 32, 115 22, 3rd floor).
If you live far from Stockholm or have time restrictions for the visa interview, it is advised that you inform range of dates or/and suitable time when you could attend the interview in your e-mail.
- Required documents that you should bring for the visa interview.
The required documents depend on the purpose of your stay in Argentina. This chart features required documents as well as the visa fee and maximum length of stay allowed by the visa for each of the most frequent purposes of stay.
It is advised that you check out this chart and gather the documents that will be required according to your purpose of stay in Argentina before emailing the application form.
3) Attend the visa interview bringing all documents required. When you arrive, you will be asked to pay the visa fee and then attend the visa interview.
Fees are paid by debit or credit card in SEK at the exchange rate valid on the appointment date.
Note: Applicants under 18 years old who intend to travel to Argentina without one or both parents need travel permit signed by the non-accompanying parent(s). The permit must have either been signed before the visa interview, either at the Embassy or with public notary, or parent(s) can accompany the applicant to the Embassy and sign the permit right before the visa interview. Learn about travel permit here.
The visa interview appointment may not last longer than 30 minutes.
If your passport was issued by Sweden or any other European or American State and no required document is missing, in most cases you will be informed right after the interview if the visa has been approved and, if so, the visa will be issued right away.
If your passport was issued by other States, in some cases the answer will be informed within 40 days after the interview.
Note that, if you are expecting a visa to stay in Argentina longer than 90 days, once it is approved you will be required to pay the following extra charges:
- Tasa Migratoria (Immigration Tax): USD 600
- Cartera Migratoria (Processing Fee): USD 100
Tasa Migratoria can be paid online as will be instructed at the Embassy. Cartera Migratoria must be paid by credit or debit card in SEK at the exchange rate valid on the payment day.
These charges are not applicable to the following cases:
- Visa Work & Holiday
- Applicants under 18 years old who travel with their parents
- Members of religions which are officially recognized in Argentina
- Applicants who obtained a “permiso de ingreso” (entry permit) from the DNM
If you bear a diplomatic or official passport and need to apply for Argentine visa, please follow these instructions:
1) Email your visa requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 15 days prior to your departure from Sweden.
The e-mail should mention full name, nationality, passport type and number, passport’s expiry date, purpose of trip to Argentina, telephone number.
2) Await the Embassy’s reply, which will be emailed to you within 2 working days.