Bearers of Swedish regular passports are exempted from visa to enter Argentina when the following two requirements are met:
- They travel as tourists or to do business or to conduct any activity for which the traveler will not receive payment.
- The length of their stay in Argentina is not longer than 90 days.
This visa exemption applies to all sorts of valid Swedish passports, even temporary passports.
Bearers of Swedish diplomatic or official passports are exempted from visa to enter Argentina in all cases.
Bearers of regular passports issued by States other than Sweden may check out here if they need Argentine visa.
Bearers of diplomatic or official passports issued by States other than Sweden may check out here if they need Argentine visa.
In all cases, foreign passports must be still valid for at least 6 months beyond the date of arrival in Argentina.
If you bear a regular passport and need to apply for Argentine visa, please follow these instructions:
1) Check out this chart 1 – Visa categories to find out which visa you need and the Argentine Embassy or Consulate where you should apply for the visa.
If you should apply at the Argentine Embassy in Sweden, go to 2). If you should apply at another Argentine Embassy or Consulate, please contact that office directly.
2) Check out this chart 2 – Required documents to find out the documents required for the visa and gather those documents.
The visa application form – required for all visas – can be downloaded from here.
3) Email your visa application to email@example.com. Attach a scanned copy of the visa application form (only first page) to the e-mail.
If a third party has already obtained your “entry permit” from the Dirección Nacional de Migraciones (DNM), inform us about this in the e-mail.
Note that the visa application must be received at least 15 days prior to your departure date from Sweden if you bear a Swedish passport and at least 45 days prior to departure date from Sweden if your passport was not issued by Sweden.
4) Await the Embassy’s reply, which will be emailed to you within 2 working days. Through this e-mail you may be informed date and time of an appointment scheduled for your visa interview.
If for your visa you need an invitation letter sent from Argentina which has not been received yet, you will be informed that the application procedure will be suspended until the letter is delivered.
5) Attend the appointment bringing originals of all documents required for the visa according to chart 2.
If no document is missing you will be required to pay the visa fee and then attend the visa interview.
Fees are paid in SEK at the exchange rate valid on the appointment date.
The appointment may not last longer than 30 minutes.
In most cases, you will be informed right after the interview if the visa has been approved and, if so, the visa will be issued right away.
However, if your passport was not issued by Sweden, in some cases the answer will be informed within 45 days after the interview.
Note that, if your visa is temporary or permanent, once it is approved you will be required to pay an immigration tax (tasa migratoria), which amounts to USD 600, and a settlement fee (cartera migratoria), which amounts to USD 100. The settlement fee will be paid in SEK at the exchange rate valid on the payment date.
These charges are not applied to the following cases:
- Visa Work & Holiday
- Applicants under 18 years old who travel with their parents
- Members of religions which are officially recognized in Argentina
- Applicants who obtained an “entry permit” from the DNM
If you bear a diplomatic or official passport and need to apply for Argentine visa, please follow these instructions:
1) Email your visa requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 15 days prior to your departure from Sweden.
The e-mail should mention full name, nationality, passport type and number, passport’s expiry date, purpose of trip to Argentina, telephone number.
2) Await the Embassy’s reply, which will be emailed to you within 2 working days.